Friday, March 4, 2011

Psalm 5 ...
In my reading today I came across a letter written in the fourth century(Athanasius, then Archbishop of Alexandria, to a fellow believer, Marcelliunus) In his letter he details with great inspiration how the Psalms in particular provide such specific comfort for so many of our earthly "cries" ... such a gift from God in the middle of trial, struggle or persecution ...

Reading over them, I came across his notes on Psalm 5 ... and as I read it, a now distant but sweet tune began to play in my head and heart ...it's a song that I THINK many of you might remember .... I wonder?Do you remember this one? You gotta tell me if you do!!!


Bill Sprouse's
"Psalm 5" ...The story goes ... maybe you recall this ...

"Big Bill was asleep and woke with a melody to King David's words in Psalm 5. A week or two later Bill went to heaven after a massive heart attack. He never got to hear this final recording. But we're thankful that Big Bill, David and God that we have been gave us this beautiful melody from a dream."

I love modern worship ... I love contemporary Christian music ... but sometimes ... I miss the pure inspiration and simplicity of some of the tunes that graced our ears and hearts "back then" ... don't you? (Oyee ... I really don't feel old enough to say "Back Then") ... lol

Have a listen ... and I hope ... you'll be blessed ...

Who knows, maybe one of you needed to hear this, so that you would wake up tomorrow morning with this song in your heart ... and know -- He hears and is near.

PSALM 5


D G/D D
Give ear to my words, O Lord

G A
Consider my meditation
Em Bm7 Em Bm7 Em
Harken unto the voice of my cry
G D/F# Em7 D G
My king and my God


Em Bm7 Em Bm7 Em D/F#
For unto Thee will I pray
G D/F# Em D A
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning
D G/D D
O Lord, in the morning will I direct my prayer
G Em7 A7 G/D D
Unto thee, and will look up.
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment